Forte International Exchange Association is looking to place a Brazilian student in Minnesota or the Dakotas ASAP.
“I have placed many students from Brazil in the South Dakota, North Dakota and Minnesota area,” said Forte International Local Representative Heidi Morlock by e-mail. “Requirements of the host families include a criminal background check, an application, references, photos and a home visit. Students either come for a semester or the school year and arrive in late August and Early December, depending on which school district they are placed in.”
A few key points about our program are as follows:
• They are high school kids ranging from ages 15-17.
• The students come fully insured and they come with their own spending money.
• Their parents are required to send them a monthly allowance.
• They all speak good English and are required to pass a test.
• They are all really good students that get A’s and B’s.
• You would need to provide an extra place for them at meal time and their own bed.
• We are looking for all types of households and having children in the home isn’t a requirement.
• They are allowed to share a room as long as it with a child of the same gender and within 4 years of age of the student.
“As the local rep I work with everyone to make sure we match the right student with the right family, such as common interests like music, sports, pets, food preferences such as vegetarian or regular diet, etc.”, Morlock said.
If you’re ready to turn your home into a direct bridge between Brazil and the Midwest, go to Forte International to get the process started.
Originally published in our previous website, Brazil in the Midwest.